Rowe Neurology Institute, Kansas City Neurologists treating headaches, sleep problems, back and neck pain, multiple sclerosis, alzheimer’s disease, seizures and more.
Our personal and coordinated care will find the root cause of your condition and help you get better.Request an Appointment
We serve the greater Kansas City area.
Visit us at our location in Johnson County or in North Kansas City - whichever is most convenient for you!
Price transparency and low-cost testing.
Hospitals & chains typically drive up medical costs for the identical care. But, we are independent and only have your interests in mind. We are upfront with prices and offer in-house testing at a lower-cost.
Most major insurances accepted.
We accept most major insurances including Tricare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, Aetna, Coventry and more. Contact our team who can provide more information on your insurance plan.
Comprehensive, personal, caring and coordinated neurological care. We work with all hospitals and accept most insurance.
- We don’t just give you one more pill — we find the root cause of your condition and provide you with the right treatment.
- Being independent means no facility fees or restrictive referrals that are typical of hospital chains.
- All ancillary testing and services are provided under our roof, ensuring seamless communication regarding your care.
- Our team approach to care allows each of our neurologists to sub-specialize, providing you with an expert in every disease area.
- We do tests right, the first time. MRIs, EMG, EEG, Sleep Lab — we control our own tools and optimize them for each patient.
- Our dedication to research and clinical trials keeps us ahead of the curve so we can deliver the most cutting-edge care.
We provide the fullest array of neurological services in Kansas City.
- The best clinic in Kansas City for treatment of stubborn migraines.
- RNI is a comprehensive headache center.
- We identify your headache triggers such as sleep and neck problems
- We use our own original research to find the root cause of triggers before reaching for the script pad.
- Our physical therapists specialize in headaches and how to treat them.
- We are a nationally accredited Sleep Disorder Center.
- Treat every day insomnia, fatigue and sleep apnea.
- Provide home and in-lab sleep studies at both our Lenexa, KS and Northern Kansas City clinics.
- For patients with CPAP, we track compliance. CPAP and surgery are not the only answers.
- Coordinated care for existing Multiple Sclerosis patients.
- We evaluate your condition and provide accurate diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Closely monitor your MS disease and tailor your therapy to optimize your quality of life.
- We are a clinical trial center for MS in Kansas City.
- Our neurologists conduct original research into MS.
- Experts in diagnosis and therapy of low back and neck pain
- We rarely recommend surgery, using alternative methods to relieve your pain.
- We begin by treating the acute symptoms with an aggressive diagnosis and relief regimen.
- For long-term help, our physical therapists help you restore muscle balance and get on the path to sustained recovery.
- Our primary focus is on improving your quality of life.
- We identify other factors or diseases, such as stroke, sleep disorder, or medication effects which could be causing memory loss or concentration problems.
- Conduct neuropsychological evaluations to find possible problems with brain functioning and identify other cognitive or mental issues.
- We use evaluation results to guide treatment for your personal, educational or professional needs.
- We now know that joint hypermobility and pain, including neck pain, back pain, and headaches, are often misdiagnosed.
- Our research has led us to the recent discovery of the neurology complications of hypermobility syndrome.
- We will diagnose your HMS and find the best treatments directed toward the real cause of your symptoms.
At the RNI Kansas City Neurologists provide personal, caring and comprehensive Neurology services under one roof.
- We find the root cause – we don't just give you one more pill.
- An Independent Neurology Institute - without the facility fees and restrictive referrals of hospital chains.
- Seamless communication - with all ancillary services under one roof.
- We control our own tools - configured ideally for our patients. This includes low cost open MRI, EMG, EEG, and Sleep Lab.
- We see patients from Coast to Coast - with easy access to MCI and other airports.
Insist on RNI.
New Patients seen in 3 days.
High deductible? Make every dollar count.
Insist on RNI to treat:
RNI is the best clinic in Kansas City for treatment of stubborn migraines.
- Did you know that sleep and neck problems are major headache triggers? We identify those and other triggers and investigate their root cause before reaching for the script pad.
- Original research into migraine helps us avoid the overuse of drugs.
- Physical therapists who specialize in headaches and how to treat them.
Our Nationally Accredited Sleep Disorders Center helps people every day with insomnia, fatigue, and sleep apnea.
- Break the pills-and-caffeine cycle.
- Home and In-Lab Sleep studies available at both our Lenexa, KS, and North Kansas City clinics, to find the root cause of your sleep disorder
- We are sleep doctors, and show you your sleep study results and what they mean for you.
- For patients with CPAP, we track compliance. CPAP and surgery are not the only answers.
Coordinated care is crucial for MS patients. We closely track each patient's disease and tailor their therapy. And we don't blame everything on MS.
- Accurate diagnosis and monitoring of disease is critical for treatment success and optimal quality of life.
- Our Physical therapists specialize in MS issues like mobility and balance.
- RNI is a clinical trial center for MS in Kansas City.
- RNI conducts original research into MS.
We offer the fullest array of subspecialty neurological testing and diagnosis of any neurology clinic in Kansas City.
- Equipment is cost-effective and optimized for neurology, including our open low cost MRI.
- We do tests correctly to answer neurologic questions the first time, because one size doesn't fit all. We explain results clearly to patients, and always go over their MRI's with them.
- We have on-site EEG and Video Monitoring to evaluate seizures and spells
- Acute Back & Neck Pain – We are expert in diagnosis and therapy of low back and neck pain, and rarely recommend surgery. RNI physical therapists teach patients how to stay pain-free and avoid unnecessary surgery.
- Memory loss and neuropsychology evaluation
Alzheimer's Disease, Memory Loss, Dementia, and Neuropsychological Evaluation Center
Memory loss and problems with concentration can be caused by many factors and diseases including:
- Sleep disorders and medication effects
- Stroke and vascular disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Fronto-temproal Lobar Degeneration
- Metabolic deficiencies
Evaluation often includes imaging with MRI of the memory sructures, neurophychological evaluation, EEG, and other tests.
Neurology of Hypermobility Center
The neurology complications of hypermobility syndrome (a relatively severe form of which is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome), have been recognized recently by Dr. Rowe as the following triad of symptoms:
- Joint hypermobility and pain, including neck pain, back pain, and headache, often misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia
- “Dysautonomia “ or problems with the "automatic" nervous system that provoke dizziness and problems with blood pressure regulation (POTS, or Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), GI problems, sweating abnormalities, red hands and feet, and sometimes endometriosis.
- Fatigue with sleep disturbances including problems going to sleep or staying asleep or feeling tired no matter how much sleep you get.
This syndrome is often misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia and treated with NSAIDs and antidepressants
What is coordinated care?
It takes a team to treat neurology patients. Do you want your team to talk to one another, or would you rather have them faxing memos back and forth all over the region or have them locked into one particular hospital system ?
- No "blind spots" – Team approach lets caregivers sub-specialize, providing a true expert in every disease area.
- Do tests right, the first time – We optimize our own equipment to answer neurologic questions, including MRI and x-ray imaging, EEG, EMG, and sleep lab. One size doesn't fit all.
- Caregivers who live and breathe neurology – Physical therapists and nurses who care only for neurology patients, five days a week. Nurses who care only for MS patients.
- State-of-the-art electronic medical records allow patients to see their own test results online, High Level PACS for image sharing and review, and digital communication with referring physicians, all help provide seamless and rapid communication with all caregivers, and help us to research previously unknown connections between neurological disorders.